Thursday, November 18, 2010

Parent teacher conference

We had a parent teacher conference with Natalie's teacher and it went super well!!! I was really nervous about how Natalie was doing in school. I think I was more worried about how I did with her at home in preparing her for school. She is in the top of her class and in the top reading group. The teacher did say that she needs to work on her communication a little. She told us the first day Natalie went up to her and said "I am not so sure about this place". When her teacher asked her what she meant Natalie said never mind and went about her work. Now when ever they change things up in class Natalie will say "Are you sure about this?" The teacher asked her what she means and Natalie just says never mind. We have noticed her saying this at home sometimes so the teacher suggested that we ask follow up questions so Natalie will learn to express her concerns. The teacher thought it was very funny the way Natalie puts things but wants her to feel comfortable in expressing her concerns. It really doesn't surprise me that Natalie gets a little apprehensive when it comes to change...she has always been my child that worries too much.

No comments: