Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Family time

We got to spend some more time with my in-laws this last weekend. I like that they are close enough that getting together isn't a big deal. We have a bunch of birthdays in October and November so we decided to get together for a bowling party. I forgot my camera, of course, so I didn't get any pictures of that. My sister-in-law Liz and her kids stayed the night with us so in the morning Kate got up and went out to the living room where her cousins were sleeping snuggled in with them and asked them to turn on cartoons. I got to sleep in a little so that was nice. The next morning my other sister-in-law and her kids came up and we took the older ones to the mall and did some shopping. They all went to a movie but I choose not to go and went back home. At home were the younger ones including my kids and now they wanted to go to the mall. So I loaded up 4 kids and took them to Claire's. I love that store they have a clearance rack in the back and the little girls love that stuff. When everyone got back to the house my sister-in-laws and I sat down to go over the kids schedules. A lot of my nieces and nephews are in sports and I want to try and make it to a couple of their games this year to support them. I realized while doing this how busy things are going to get for me when my kids get older. It was really different this year with Natalie in school and all the functions I have to attend or things we have to do for her and her school and it is only November. (and only Kindergarten)
We did find out a little while ago that my brother-in-law Amos and his wife Michelle are expecting and their baby is due about 4 months after ours. I am excited that all of my kids will have a cousin that is close in age to them so when we do family functions they all have someone to play with.

No comments: