Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Home School

When we moved to Parkdale our Pre-school options were limited. If I wanted options I was going to have to be willing to drive a lot so I decided that it would be best to home school. It turned out to be a good decision because we are moving again and things are all up in the air right now. I found a program and order the CD with a 9 month curriculum. It is called ABC Home Pre-School and if anyone wants it after I am done with it just let me know. The program is filled with worksheets and activities that covers reading, writing, arithmetic, science and social studies. The program is divided up by months and what you need to cover during that time. (super easy to follow)
So this was our first day and Natalie loved it. As soon as we were done with today's lesson she asked if she could do tomorrows. Natalie had 1 year of pre-school already which has helped me because she has the basics and is remembering quickly the stuff she had learned. For her age are big thing will be working on reading words and learning the sounds of the letters. I am hoping this will help prepare her for Kindergarten.
Katelyn did so well for her age but I have decided that it is best if I don't go over an hour because she will lose her focus after that. She is still pretty young and still has two and a half year before she goes to Kindergarten so I just let her do what she can. She did trace the dotted line letters but didn't want to write any of her own. She is really not that excited about school so it just may turn into a coloring hour for her This fall when Natalie is in school I can just work with her and give her one on one attention and maybe she will be more into it then.

1 comment:

Travis and Emily Leavitt said...

I WANT IT I WANT IT! They looks so cute can't wait to see you guys.