Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camping with the Martins

Warning.....this blog is going to be a long one but a lot happened that weekend and the pictures turned out good.

We did spend a fair amount of time sitting in a circle and catching up. It was good to see everyone!!

Amos had a lot of cool boy toys so Katelyn grabbed a seat on his lap and had some quality uncle Amos time!!

Tristine brought the family pet with them and Natalie and Kate loved it. Kate really loved it and I was totally grossed out. It was a rat whose name just happened to be Katelyn as well. The rat liked to hide in Tristine's hood and as you can tell Kate was determined to find....too bad they had already put it away. I think at some point we will be getting Kate some type of rodent for a pet but I am talking like a hamster or bunny not a rat.
One of the days that we were there a group of about 20 of us decided to go horse back riding. I was expecting a short route on flat terrain but that was not the case. We were going straight up and the trail was rocky but it was a lot of fun. At some points we were going down hill and all I could think about was the movie "The Man from Snowy River" (I think) when he is riding the horse down the snowy hill and he falls off the horse and the horse rolls over him. I didn't think that was going to happen but some of the hills were pretty aggressive.
Just hanging around waiting for the first group to take off. I promised Kallie that I would only put the cute pictures on the blog. Kallie's horse was the funniest thing alive. Her horse had gas the entire trip and I just happened to be a couple of horses back. I don't think I have ever heard a horse fart so much in my life.
Paul loves to cook when we go camping. His dad came over for breakfast and I think Paul was inviting everyone that was walking by.
Grandpa and Sherry had bubbles and donuts so the kids were over there whenever possible. I can't wait to do this again. It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. The girls loved playing with their cousins and hanging out with Grandpa.

1 comment:

kalliemartin said...

Thanks for not posting the embarassing ones!! I hope you deleted them...if you actually got any haha