Monday, February 24, 2014

Brooke update

Oh this child is going to kill me!! I love her so much and I am so glad I get to be her mom. Brooke is just a big ball of energy. She hasn't taken regular naps in almost a year. A nap for her is a midnight bedtime for me so we try and stay away from naps. I love this picture below because I remember as kid how I would set all of the marshmallows aside and eat them first or last depending on the day.
 Brooke has always been able to sleep anywhere since she was a baby and I guess this is still true to this day!
 Believe or not Brooke is potty trained (daytime only). The only problem is she is still not talking a whole lot so when I take her places she is in a pull-up just because she won't tell anybody she has to go potty. At home we are straight panties and though we have a few accidents here and there it has finally clicked for her. We did go through a week where she was playing hide the poop. One day she emptied out the middle drawer of her dresser and climbed up in it. She then crouched down, took a poop, climbed out and closed the drawer. The next day she found a box, took a poop in it, put the lid on it and put it in Paul's office. That seemed like a lot more work then to just go on the potty but whatever she needed her learning process to be it worked in the end. She officially only poops in the potty now!
 Brooke turned 3 yesterday! It was the mellowest birthday we have ever had. The day before was my FIL retirement party so we were pooped. She got a few more toys to go with her toy story collection. She LOVES these toys!! She even treats Lotso as a bad guy and makes him go to the closet or he has to sit out in the hall while she plays with the other toys. She always really loves little people!

Brooke is such a smart kid. If she wants something she will problem solve until she can figure out a way to get what she wants. While I can't get her to say cow or simple words like that she is however put together small sentences. Like...."who is it", "oh come on" (when she is mad at us), "here you go" and a few others. She really does have her own language. We listen to her jibber jabber and she is using "words" again and again when referring to the same thing. I compare her to the little girl off the movie Monsters INC. When people come over to visit I do get a lot of comments of how much energy she has and believe me people I know. I would like to say I am exhausted but I don't have time for that with Brooke. She has however in the last 6 months had more and more human moments which gives her dad and I hope that we can again sometime soon join the human race and leave the house with her on a regular basis!

No comments: