Sunday, August 28, 2011

Portland to Coast

The Hood to Coast was this weekend and I was really missing it. Since I was 19 or 20 I have tried to do the Portland to Coast every year. The difference is H2C is a run and P2C is a walk but not just a stroll a motivated walk. So while I haven't been able to do it every year I have done it 11 times. As of yesterday I have signed up for next year. I am really looking forward to sleeping in random fields on the sides of the roads, cramming myself into a van with 7 other people and all of our stuff, no sleep and no shower for the better part of two days and when we finally get to the coast wait in line for an hour and a half just so we can eat breakfast at the Pig n' Pancake. I know this sounds like a list of negatives but its not....after it is all said and done I am always excited to do it again. Next year will be a blast for me because a lot of my friends that I do this with I will not have seen for almost two years! The only downside  now is I will have to make the trip all the way back home to West Richland after we are done...but I think it is still totally worth it. So with both the older girls in school this year Brooke and I can start training. I will finally get a lot of use out of my stroller.

No comments: