Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Minds of their own

We were walking through Target looking for some summer shoes and Natalie and I had the following conversation: Me: Oh Nat look at these shoes they are really cute. Natalie: No mom I don't want those. Me: but they will be really cute with your clothes Natalie: MOM...I won't wear them. At least I have one that I can still dress the way that I want and I mean Brooke. Katelyn didn't want the shoes I picked out for her either. Nat ended up with sparkly blue flip flops and Kate got rainbow sparkly flip flops. Not my first choice but they got to pick out what they wanted. This year I get to go school shopping with Natalie and Katelyn.....I wonder how that is going to go. Natalie already informed me that she currently doesn't have any cute clothes and Kate told me yesterday that she doesn't want to wear any of Natalie's old clothes. Kate saw that Nat has holes in some of her jeans from playing in them and I had to reassure her that I wouldn't make her wear clothes with holes in them and we will buy her new jeans. My kids are growing up way to fast.

No comments: