Sunday, December 19, 2010

Martin Christmas Dinner

My sister-in-laws and I decided that this year we all wanted to spend Christmas at our own houses with just our families. We end up traveling a lot or having family over on Christmas that it was a nice idea to have one that was just our small families. Don't get me wrong I enjoy getting together with family but now that we have kids that are getting older I want them to have some traditions of our own.
Sister love
So we decided that we would have a Martin family Christmas dinner on the 18th. It was so nice to see everyone and we had a great time. As soon as we showed up Paul and I didn't see much of Natalie or Katelyn. They just love to play with their cousins that they take off and I have to go find them to make sure they aren't getting into too much trouble. We do a movie exchange for the grown-ups and some how Paul got the movie "Big Trouble in Little China" again for the second year in a row. I swear Paul loves some of the dumbest movies. He was so excited because last year he got the DVD and this year he got the Blue-ray. We really don't have the same taste in movies. I think next year the Martins have decided to do a movie exchange and you bring a movie that you hate. It will be funny to see how many men bring chic flicks and the women bring the B rated movies the men like. I am so glad we had this dinner the week before Christmas because it totally put me in the holiday mood. I am looking forward to Christmas and with Natalie now on Christmas break we can start do some of the fun things. Baking cookies, drive around to see the lights and go to the mall to see santa and that is just the start.
Party at Amos and Michelle's house

No comments: