Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sleep walking

I had thought that the last few times that Natalie had come downstairs in the middle of the night that maybe she was sleep walking but last night confirmed it. It is really weird to watch and sometimes funny. When she comes downstairs it is like she is on a mission to do whatever she is thinking. It is very hard to pull her out of it and get her to go back to bed. Then when she does start to come around she is very disoriented and it scares her a little. Last night she came downstairs and Paul and I were in bed but I heard her come down. She went into the living room, sat down on the couch and looked at the TV like she was watching it. When I called out to her she looked at me but just continued to watch the TV. I finally got her to come around and she was a little freaked out so I had her sleep with Paul and I. This morning she woke up and asked me why I brought her down to our bed. She doesn't remember coming downstairs and said that she was sleeping in her bed and we carried her down to our bed. I had to laugh. I slept walked as a child but it is so weird to watch someone else do it.

No comments: