Thursday, July 31, 2008

Potty training

We have started potty training with Kate and I have decided to take a completely different approach then I did with Natalie. We are going really slow. I let her keep her diaper on and every so often I will ask her if she has to go potty. She has told me no a couple of times but she has said yes quite a few times and wants to go sit on the potty. This is only day two and and she has peed and pooped in the toilet. With Natalie I started her the day after she turned two and then I made her try and go potty every hour. I think I put to much pressure on her to pick it up quickly and it back fired. Plus I have learned with Natalie she does everything at her pace. The only bump we have hit with Katelyn so far is that she knows when she is in the bathroom and goes potty she gets candy. So sometimes it is a struggle to get her out of the bathroom. The progress is good and I think if we just let her go at her pace she will do better and probably potty train faster then Natalie. We are not even close to being out of diapers yet but I am so looking forward to it

No comments: