Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grandpa Martin

 Grandpa
 Grandma and Grandpa's wedding day
Today was the funeral service for Paul's grandpa. He past away on the 24th and has been missed every second he has been gone. Family is very important to the Martin's and Grandpa was a big presence in the family. He had a special place in my heart because he always treated me like one of his own grand kids. The service was nice but small. The family was commenting on how big grandma's service was 20 years ago and that grandpa had out lived most of their friends and a lot of their extended family. For the most part it wasn't a sad day more like a celebration of his life. Paul got the honor of being one of the pallbearers along with the other grandsons. At the graveside service when the Pasteur was done each of the pallbearers placed a rose on the casket. That was the moment I lost it; it was a very heartfelt moment and made it real for me that grandpa was gone. We got to see him about a week and a half before he past and he seemed at peace and ready to go. He was 92 when he died. The first Christmas I was married to Paul grandpa gave me grandma's pearl necklace and bracelet for a gift. I wore those today and I am so glad that I have something to remind me of Paul's grandparents. Grandpa will be missed but I am sure he is happy to finally be next to his wife again.
Grandpa and grandma loved to travel

No comments: